Tommy Clinkenbeard Legal Clinic/ Community Service Program
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Community Service Administrator will be responsible for assuring accurate and timely reporting of community service hours to pertinent courts. The Community Service Administrator will facilitate the relationship between Carol Miller Justice Center/ Loaves & Fishes Dept 2 Court and the community service program at Loaves & Fishes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for record-keeping and reporting to the courts
- Daily assign community service tasks
- Daily enter in all hours worked at Loaves & Fishes
- Daily maintain up-to-date electronic records on ALL hours worked through The Community Service Program
- Daily fax warrant checks to Public Defender Office
- Monthly fax Public Defender Clinic Sign-Up sheet to Public Defender Office
- Provide direct services to clients, including letters to court, and court referrals.
- Communicate effectively with volunteer staff
- Create monthly work schedule and newsletters for volunteers
- Maintain up to date Excel Spreadsheets for: Public Defender clinics, and various forms
- Communicate with the Public Defender regarding clients’ hours
- Must be comfortable working with people who are/have experienced homeless situations and might have disabilities, mental health issues and substance abuse issues.
Commitment to the mission and philosophy of Loaves & Fishes. This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified, ethical, and self-directed individual looking for experience in the operation of a community legal clinic and exposure to legal services in Sacramento.
We are seeking an individual who can commit to 40 hours per week, 22.5 hrs/wk., plus an additional 4 hrs/month to attend Department 2 afternoon court on the third Friday of every month. In addition, this person will assist daily in our administrative office, serving as receptionist and general office duties. Work schedule is M-F 8:00-3:00pm.
High School Diploma required
NO LEGAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED