Sister Nora's Place, a program of Loaves & Fishes is seeking a part time overnight advocate. This position, under the direction of the Program Director, consists of two 8-hour overnight shifts (16 hours per week) with the flexibility and willingness to work extra shifts as needed. Shifts could include day, evening, overnight, weekends and holidays.
- Respectfully and independently supervising and assisting 16 residents and enforcing all protocols,
- Working with Night Security to insure the safety of the residents and taking prompt and appropriate action when needed,
- Keeping a log of the events occurring on the shift,
- Listening to residents and their individual concerns as needed,
- Some cleaning that includes but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, and making beds,
- Answering phones and taking messages,
- Communicating with the Program Director and other staff regarding issues as they arise,
- Attending monthly staff meetings.
- Knowledge, comfort level and ability to interact and communicate with women with a history of behavioral and mental health disorders, homelessness, violence and drug/alcohol addiction issues
- Remain calm, clear-headed and take appropriate action in all circumstances
- Maintain proper boundaries with staff and residents
- Work independently (at times may be the only staff on duty – night security available) as well as part of a team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Honest, trustworthy and drug free, subject to testing if necessary
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep accurate written records
- Ability to work other shifts (if needed), in addition to regularly assigned shifts
- Open to self-reflection, self-improvement, and the practice of non-violent communication
- Adhere to and carry out the mission and philosophy of Loaves & Fishes
Please mail resume to P.O. Box 13495 Sacramento, CA 95813, fax to Human Resources at (916) 446-9376 or email to
by March 31, 2017.